I had one thing in thoughts to put in writing about however at all times verify again at Posse to see if I’ve carried out that earlier than and on this case I’d carried out one thing vaguely related in 2020 so no go.
Then, an article on fragrance bottles popped up on the weekend version of the Monetary Occasions. So, I thought of bottles, however acquired side-tracked by the point out of the Gucci The Alchemist’s Backyard sequence which I’d by no means heard of. That is positively one thing I need to discover however clearly a few days isn’t going to do it.
And, it’s weir climate right here. Round 60 levels Fahrenheit, damp and sunny. I’m not complaining concerning the sunny. However the temp is unsuitable for the time of yr and it’s main into one more moist interval. I’ve a great deal of roses and the nasturtium proceed to develop madly. Mom Nature is mad at us.
Plus we’re getting in direction of the vacation season. Sure, I do know Xmas doesn’t get mentioned until after Thanksgiving within the US, however many retailers listed here are so at unfastened ends you begin to get Xmas retailers popping up in department shops on the finish of August. I flip my face away.
Anyway. So, a fallback to 5 issues – a pair fragrance associated. My solutions in crimson.
- A few fave winter reminiscences? In late December 2010, we acquired on the final aircraft out of Heathrow to NYC as an enormous storm was coming into the East Coast. Acquired diverted to and caught in Minneapolis for a day (no enjoyable, spent it on the airport). Made it to NYC the place there was two ft of snow. My son acquired to sled for the primary time in Prospect Park after which we had scorching chocolate on the sadly now gone Ozzy’s on 7th all hush and white. Form of chic.
Within the January earlier than I left NYC (mid-Nineteen Nineties), once more, an enormous snowstorm, Sunday into Monday. I used to be capable of get to work however issues closed down at 1 PM. I had lunch with two buddies at one of many solely open eating places (Moroccan place) after which acquired on the subway which stopped utterly three stops from dwelling. Walked for an hour in knee-deep snow. Winter wonderland.
- When it’s chilly, darkish and dreary, the place is one place you’ll take your self when you may? We went to an Indian ocean island within the Maldives the summer time earlier than the pandemic. True Robinson Crusoe, barefoot luxurious. In all probability probably the most fascinating, stress-free vacation I’ve ever had, because it was so removed from ‘regular’ life. I recall stepping on to the room’s deck as soon as we had been settled in and seeing a ray swim by, adopted by a college of iridescent blue fish.
- What are a few cold-weather fragrance staples (assuming you reside some place the place it will get moderately chilly – if not, your ‘winter’ staples)? Typically, I dive deep into Serge Lutens Arabie as soon as it will get colder. It’s luscious and comforting in a very oddball manner. One other Lutens, Rose de Nuit, additionally comes out of the field. Rose and apricot: scorching and heady. This yr, as a result of I now personal it in fragrance type, Guerlain Shalimar will get a number of put on I anticipate.
- What fragrance do you’ve your eye on for the colder season? I’ve been making a lot noise about Kilian Darkish Lord – I’d love a small dimension (ie, I feel they provide journey sizes) of this. Even when I put on it sometimes it’s so caught on my nasal passages and head – the need monster goes in powerful on it.
- Lastly, vacation presents. I already know I’m getting a Buddleja (butterfly) bush for the backyard. But when the sky had been the restrict I wouldn’t thoughts a small flat in a palazzo in Venice. I’ve simply completed a e-book sequence set in Venice by Philip Gwynne Jones (extremely advocate) which has me jonesing for this in one of many quieter neighbourhoods (Dorsoduro? The identify alone…). I’ve by no means been (solely been to Florence). Clearly, one can dream.
So, what about you? What are your solutions?
Pics: Pexels & Wiki